Pro-Life Updates for June 2019
1) Art Contest Winners Names in the Bulletin - Thanks Cathy for taking care of this and recognizing these young winners.
2) Father's Day Prayer Cards - Many, many thanks to all the wonderful people who passed out prayer cards to the dads after all the Masses. I got lots of thank-yous and smiles in return.
3) Passing of LB 209 - What good news! Governor Pete Ricketts signed this bill into law. LB 209 adds a new section to Nebraska’s informed consent law requiring the abortionist to inform a woman that it may be possible to reverse a “medication” abortion if she changes her mind, and would give her information so that she can contact with a local medical professional who is trained in Abortion Pill Reversal.
4) Dates -
- Sign up Saturday for School - Saturday, August 10th
- Pro-Life meeting at Mary Our Queen - Saturday, August 24th at 10:00 AM
- Pro-Life retreat - Saturday, September 21st
- Parish celebration - Sunday, September 29th
- 40 Days for Life - September 25th – November 3rd
- Next meeting - Monday, August 19th, no meeting in July
5) Fund Raising - In November, we will be having our Baby Shower for EPS. We will be hosting the Donut Sunday on November 10th. Also, we will have a used book sale and raffle that day. We will be asking for donations of used books and nice items for the raffle. So far, we plan to have a quilt, a St. Benedict’s Rosary, and a big teddy bear. If you have an item that you think would be good, give me a call at 402-913-5698. It could be a statue, a gift card for a good place to eat, a music box, a plaque or wall hanging. Look around your house and see if there is something you can donate. There are a few more idea about fund raising that I am still checking out. If you have any questions, let me know.
Have a great summer!!
Let me know if you have any questions – 402-330-7153