Pro-Life Updates August 2019
1) Sign-Up Saturday - Was held on Saturday, August 10. Five names were added to our email list. Welcome Danielle, Emily, Maria, Sherry and Julie.
2) EPS Breakfast for Life - Was held on Saturday, August 17. St Wenceslaus had a table for ten. Rebekah Hagan gave a wonderful talk on her experience with the abortion reversal pill. What a great crowd.
3) Income and Expenses - Fiscal year July 2018 to June 2019 –
Income: $2,619.81 with a $1,000 donation from the Knights of Columbus
Expenses: $2,202.58 with $2,000 were used as financial aid to send individuals to attend the March for Life.
4) Volunteering - Fiscal year July 2018 to June 2019 –
37 people volunteered their time for over 100 volunteer jobs. Thank you all so much. You are a blessing to the unborn.
5) March for Life January 21 – 26 - Registration is now open! Last year financial aid was provided to 7 youth to attend the march. We will be putting a notice in the bulletin soon. Financial Aid will be available for youths interested in attending this year. Please contact Angie Wingert for a Financial Aid Form. We will be offering $300 to students needing funds to attend. Registration closes October 15th or when the buses are full.
6) Pro-Life meeting at Mary Our Queen - Was held on Saturday, August 24th. Whitney Bradley introduced Basecamp, an internet program they are using to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on with Pro-Life. This program provides announcements, upcoming events with flyers and notices we can use in our bulletins.
8) Archbishop’s Mass and Walk - Saturday, September 14th at St. Mary Church located at 2302 Crawford St. in Bellevue. Mass starts at 8:00 AM followed by a procession to and from the abortion clinic, ending with Benediction.
9) Nebraska Catholic Conference Banquet and Pro-Life Conference - Friday/Saturday September 20-21 in Lincoln – Angie Wingert will be attending this event. If anyone is interested in attending one or both events please let Angie know. Greg Schleppenbach is their speaker, he is the Associate Director Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Banquet Only $50.00 per person
Conference Only $35.00 per person
Banquet and Conference $80.00 per person
10) 40 Days for Life - September 25th – November 3rd St. Wenceslaus will be praying at Planned Parenthood on Tuesday, October 8th from 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sign up will begin soon.
11) Vaclav - Sunday, September 29th Volunteers needed to help out at the High Card, Low Card game. This is the same game we had last year. Please contact Angie Wingert if interested in volunteering.
12) Life Chain -Sunday, October 6th at 2:00 PM. Pro Life will be praying at 90th and Dodge Street. Matt Smith will have new signs to hold. They are sturdy plastic and will hold up in the rain. If you would like one to take home and use at different event, help yourself.
13) Pro-Life Donut Sunday - Sunday, November 10th Raffle and Book Sale. We have several items for the raffle including a quilt, but would like several more. Some ideas would be a gift certificate to a restaurant, movie theater, the Playhouse, cook a meal for a table of eight, tickets to a Husker game or a Creighton game.
14) Other Upcoming Calendar Activities -
- Saturday, September 14th National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children - 11:00 AM St. Mary Magdalene Cemetery at Rachel Weeping Statue. Use the entrance at 46th and T Street.
- Sunday, September 15th Grand Opening Mater Filius Early Childhood Learning Center - 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM 3614 Y Street
- Monday, September 16th ProLife Ministry Meeting - 7:00 PM Upper Conference Room
- Saturday, September 21st Sidewalk Advocates for Life Training - 4:00 PM at St. Gerald’s at 96th and Q Street. $20 for materials and training. Contact Janice Todd at 402-871-4699. Register by September 18th.
- Saturday - Sunday, September 21st - 22nd Sign up for 40 Days for Life - We will need help at all the masses.
- Saturday - Sunday, September 28th - 29th Sign up for 40 Days for Life - We will need help at all the masses.
- Wednesday, September 25th 4o Days for Life
- Thursday, October 3rd Mass for Healing and Hope - 7:00 PM St. Margaret Mary Church at 6116 Dodge Street. Prayers for infertility, miscarriage and abortion. All are welcome.
- Sunday, October 6th Life Chain - 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM. St. Wenceslaus will be on south side of Dodge Street from 88th to 90th Street. Posters will be available.
- Tuesday, October 8th Pray in the Adoration Chapel and at Planned Parenthood - 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday, October 18th Bethlehem House Annual Benefit - 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM at Omaha Marriott at 222 North 10th Tickets at https://bethlehemhouseomaha.org/
- Friday-Sunday, October 25th - 27th Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat - For more information or to register call Teresa O’Donnell at 816-679-4973.
I know this is a lot. Please write the dates on your calendar and be a warrior for the unborn. They need our help and our prayers.
If you have any questions please contact Angie Wingert – 402-330-7153