Founded in 1984, Habitat for Humanity of Omaha has partnered with more than 1,600 families in our community to provide affordable home ownership and home improvement opportunities. Thousands of donors and volunteers have worked together with future homeowners to make these opportunities a reality, building stronger neighborhoods and effecting measurable change in the community. Habitat for Humanity also works with families to help acquire the access, skills and financial education necessary to become successful homeowners.
Facts about Habitat for Humanity
1) Is a non-profit Christian housing organization dedicated to the elimination of substandard housing
2) Completed 41 homes in 2017, 42 in 2018, and will complete more than 50 in 2019
3) Serves families whose incomes are 30-60% of the median in the Omaha area
4) Before purchase, homeowners must complete up to 350 hours of sweat equity, and make a $500 down payment
5) Relies on volunteers for much of the construction and renovation work
6) Employs approximately 88 staff members and several interns
7) The Home Improvement Program help low-to-moderate income homeowners living in Douglas County and the surrounding counties maintain the interior and exterior of their homes by issuing no-interest loans and coordinating contractor work
8) Operates two Habitat ReStore home improvement outlets that sell new and used, donated materials at greatly reduced prices
Please use your July’s Charity of the Month envelope to help provide funding to build homes and purchase building materials.
To sign up to volunteer your talent please visit https://habitatomaha.org/volunteernow/
Our community thanks you!
The Human Needs Committee