The Sign up table for 40 Days for Life will be in the foyer this weekend. I will not be able to call and ask for volunteers to be at the table. I will be at a granddaughter's wedding this weekend. So I am asking that whichever mass you go to, stand by the table a few minutes before and after to help people sign up. to pray an hour. Thanks!
Here are the udpates for this month.
1. Younkers Community Days. We sold 177 booklets for a total of $885. Thanks everyone for your support buying booklets and shopping.
2. Abortion Dialogue Academy workshop was wonderful. I wish all of you could have been there. It helped me know what to say to people who are for abortion. There will be another Abortion Dialogue Academy on April 27th at St. Margaret Mary's from 6 tp 8 pm. Please mark your calendar and plan to attent. Great for High school and college students.
3. 40 Days for Life Sign up this weekend. So far we have 26 people signed up to pray in the Adoration Chapel and 18 at Planned Parenthood. Even if you did not sign up, you can go anytime to pray.
4. Catholics at the Capitol was Tuesday, March 21st. I did not have the opportunity to go. Did anyone attend?
5. HUSH. a movie about the effects of abortion on women will be shown at Milo Bail Student Center, Dodge Room, at UNO on March 30th at 5:30 with a panel discussion afterwards. Don't miss it! Would anyone like to carpool?
6. Living Rosary will be on Sunday, April 2nd at St. Peter's Church at 27th and Leavenworth at 2:30 pm.I need someone to make 3 dozen cookies for the reception afterwards.
7. April 9th will be Donut Sunday/ and Book Sale with the Pro-Life Committee in charge. We will need volunteers to help set up onSaturday, April 8th after the 5 pm mass. We will need volunteers to work early Sunday morning to be there when the donuts arrive, and we will need volunteers after the 7:30, 9 and 10:30 masses to serve. We will need volunteers to help clean up and put items away. And if you have any books that you would like to donate to the Pro-Life Committee to sell that morning let me know, 402-330-7153. They do not need to be new, just in good condition.
8. Stations of the Cross will be said at Planned Parenthood and Carhart's abortion Clinic in Bellevue on Good Friday, April 14th at noon. Everyone is welcome..
9. Bethlehem House is hosting a Charity Golf Scramble onThursday May 11th at Tiburon Golf Club. Information can be found on line at BethlehemHouseOmaha.org
10. Mother's Day Ad in the Omaha World Herald on May 14th. I will be putting information in the bulletin so you can sign up by May 6th and support this activity..Be looking for it in April.
11. Pro-Life informational flyer. I will talk to Mary Stieren to see about putting on together to send to new people who inquire about Pro-Life, and to use on School Super Sign up Day.
12 .April meeting will be canceled. Easter Monday, April 17th the parish offices will be closed.
Have a great weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.