Mission Statement: Each human being has received the precious gift of life from God. The Pro-Life Committee works to teach respect for all human life and nurture life at every stage.
1. March for Life requests for financial help – We have received two completed applications for funds. Six others have asked for forms to complete.
2. Younkers Community Booklets - We have sold 73 booklets so far for $365. We need help this Sunday (Oct. 21/22) and next Sunday (Oct. 28/29) before and after all the masses as well all day of the Bowtique (Sat. Oct. 28). Please, let me know what mass you are going to. It is easy. We just stand in the foyer and hold up the booklets.
3. Trunk or Treat – Wednesday, October 25th – We need one or two youth to help pass out candy from 6- 7:30. Does anyone need service hours?
4. Respect Life Month Speaker at 7 pm, Tues, Oct 17th, at St. Gerald’s Church. Dr. Pat Castle shared his amazing story of meeting St. Pio near the finish of the Pikes Peak Ascent race, which inspired the formation of LIFE Runners.
5. Thomas More Society Banquet -Thursday, October 19 St Elizabeth Anne
6. Abortion Dialogue Academy – Saturday, Oct. 21. 2 - 3:30 pm Newman Center at UNO. Come hear ADA volunteers how they changed a pro-live person’s mind and learn the most persuasive Pro-Life arguments at this “Stories From Campus” event.
7. LoveEd Parent Seminars – Thursday, Nov. 2. 6:30 – 8:30 pm Skutt High School. LoveEd is a brand new program that helps empower parents to teach both the theology and science of human sexuality within the context of God’s plan for love and life. Presented by Coleen Kelly Mast. No cost to attend. Register online at Family.ArchOmaha.org/respecting-life/sexualityRegistration deadline Monday, Oct. 23rd. Questions? Contact Reggan at 402-551-9003 x 1399.
8. The Silver Ring Thing – On Sunday, Nov. 5 from 6-8 pm at UNO’s Scott Conference Center, an event about love, sex, purity, second chances and best choices will be held for youth and parents. Tickets are $6 in advance, $8 at the door, $5 for groups of 25+. Tickets can be purchased at silverringthing.com/event/omahane
9. Bishop’s Mass and Walk to Abortion Clinic – Great crowd and great article in Catholic paper. Matt Smith was one of the Knights of Columbus helping with the walk.
10. Nebraska Catholic Banquet and Conference – I had the opportunity to go Friday evening to the banquet. Great talk by Wesley J. Smith J.D.
11. HUSH movie – This was a fund raiser for the UNO Maverick Students for Life. They earned $488.25. Thanks everyone for coming and your donations. If by chance you missed it or would like to see it again, HUSH will be shown at St. Vincent de Paul at 7 pm on Thursday, Nov. 7th. HUSH investigates the medical risks of abortion on women.
12. Spiritual Adoption – Thanks for all the volunteers who handed out prayer cards after the masses.
13. Life Chain and Sidewalk Chronicles – I did not get to the movie, but thanks to everyone who came and prayed for the end of abortion. Thanks to Matt Smith for bringing the banner and the posters.
14. Donut Sunday - $264.10 donated for donuts, $1.10 donated at our Pro-Life display table, and $115 donated for Younkers Community Booklets. Thanks everyone for your generous giving of your time and effort to make it a big success.
15. 40 Days for Life – 29 people signed up to pray at Planned Parenthood and 29 people signed up to pray in the Adoration Chapel. Great support for the unborn and praying for the end of abortion.
16. Thank You – a wonderful thank you letter was received from Nebraskans United for Life for our donation to them last month.
This is a lot, but I want to keep you up to date as what is all happening. Remember we need help, email me and let me know what times are good for you and your family.