Pro-Life Updates for Nov. 2017
1. March for Life requests- nine youth have asked for financial assistance and we are expecting one more to come in. All nine have already been sent $250 to help with their trip. More funds will be available after the Dress Down Day for Pro-Life at St. Wenceslaus School in December.
2. Younkers Community Booklets- 14 booklets were sold at Younkers on Sat. Nov. 11; 245 booklets have been purchased thus far and have raised $1125. Thank you volunteers and everyone who donated for the booklets, Praise The Lord!
3. Trunk or Treat- We used left-over candy from the festival and Mary Stieren, Director of Pastoral Ministry, supplied the rest of the candy. Thank you Luke Capoun and Cathy Boone for helping with all of the trick or treaters, it was a wonderful evening.
4. Knights of Columbus help- Thank you Elizabeth Howard for speaking to the Knight's asking for financial help for the students going to the March for Life in January. The Knight's donated $1000 to the Pro-Life Committee to help with the March for Life trip.
5. Pro-Life Art Contest- Cathy Boone will be sending out information on our contest; all 1st thru 6th grade students of the parish are eligible to enter.
6. National Night of Prayer- Friday Dec. 8th. This is the feast of the Immaculate Conception. When you go to church remember the unborn and all struggling parents like Mary and Joseph must have been.
7. Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe- Tuesday Dec. 12th. Our Lady of Guadalupe is the Patroness of the unborn. Next year we hope to plan something for this feast day.
8. Thank you Kelli Zavadil, Ryan Zavadil, Anna Johnson and Elizabeth Howard for your wonderful thank you notes.
9. Mark Your Calendars!
Dec. 18th 2017, the next pro-life meeting
January 6 2018, coordinators meeting
January 12, 2018, Nebraskans United for Life Dinner
January 16-21, 2018 , March for Life Trip
January 22- March 5, 2018 , Pro-Life Essay Contest
January 27 2018, Nebraska Walk for Life in Lincoln.
10. Essential Pregnancy Services is hiring!
EPS is looking for a Director of Finance and Administration
- Project Rachel: http://hopeafterabortion.org/
- Journey to Love: Journey to Love© is a peer ministry offering practical guidance and compassionate care focusing on the needs of expectant parents as they seek to honor the life of their baby no matter how frail or how brief. Contact Elizabeth Murphy for more information, 402-551-9003, or