Knights of Columbus
Catholic men fraternal organization. Programs and projects include church, family, community and youth.
Meetings: 1 st Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Columbian Squires: This international fraternity of Catholic young men, ages 10-18 strives to provide the spiritual, cultural, civic, social and physical improvement of its members, and the development of their leadership qualities.
Our fraternal organization is founded on the principles of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism. Those are summarized on the back of our membership form: "You will share in the sense of pride in knowing that their Order is second to none in support of Our Holy Father, our Bishops and Priests; in working for our fellow man, especially those most in need; and in binding together to preserve traditional values in the face of attacks against the family and innocent human life."
Our Council has over 200 parish men, belonging to the world's largest Catholic fraternal organization with over 1.5 million brother Knights and 10,000 Councils.
Simply put, our Council tries to be the "right hand" of the parish priest with service to the Church and the local community. Participation includes family, spiritual, social, civic-oriented, athletic and recreational events.
The St. Wenceslaus Knights of Columbus has:
- Assisted our parish priests to address needs and aided seminarians.
- Contributed to school needs such as playground and cafeteria equipment.
- Supported the pro-life movement.
- Volunteered time and food to homeless shelters.
- Provided bus trips to local athletic events.
- Helped with parish boutiques and assisted with parish fun days.
- Provided scholarships.
- Assisted with Honey Sunday to help the mentally and physically challenged.
- Provided pancake fundraiser meals and Lenten dinners.